|‘Certain regional countries were involved in Chabahar terrorist attack’||
TEHRAN – An MP sitting on the Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Committee said on Tuesday that certain regional countries were “directly or indirectly” involved in the terrorist attack in the port city of Chabahar, in the southeastern Iranian province of Sistan and Baluchestan, on Friday.
Mohammad Reza Mohseni-Thani, who had been sent by the parliamentary committee to Chabahar to investigate the terrorist attack, also said that the Jundullah and Ansar terrorist groups are supported by the spy agencies of the U.S. and Israel.
“These groups are given logistical support by the spy services of the Zionist regime and take action in line with the policies of this illegitimate regime,” said Mohseni Thani, the representative of Sabzevar in the parliament.
He added, “Certain regional countries also had a hand in the Chabahar terrorist incident directly and indirectly.”
In the suicide attack in Chabahar, two Iranian citizens were killed and at least six people were injured.
The Majlis security committee held a meeting on Tuesday in regard to the Chabahar attack. Representatives from the ministries of intelligence, interior, defense, and police attended the meeting.
MP Mohammad Hassan A’safari told the Persian service of ISNA that according to the investigations and explanations provided by the ministries, it was concluded that the Chabahar attack was carried out by the remnants of the Rigi group and with the support of a “regional country”.
He said that it is necessary that the Iranian Foreign Ministry give warning to the supporters of these terrorist groups.
A’safari also stated that over the past 19 months, more than 250 people affiliated to the terrorist groups, who had tried to enter the country to carry out terrorist actions, were either detained or killed.
“However, these groups again enter the country with the support of certain neighboring countries,” he added.
A’safari attributed the terrorist attack in Chabahar to the Ansar group which he said is seeking to wage a war between Shias and Sunnis.
On December 15, 2010, a suicide bomber also detonated an explosive device outside a mosque in Chabahar during a Shia religious ceremony, killing at least 35 people and injuring more than 100 others.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader